• ALIBI TAVERN, 1220 N.W. Sixth St., Grants Pass, 541-479-2854. Saturdays, karaoke, 9 p.m.-midnight, no cover.
• ART'S RED GARTER, 126 S. Redwood Highway, Cave Junction, 541-592-4222. Dec. 9-10, DJ and karaoke, 9 p.m.- 1 a.m.; Wednesdays, karaoke, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. No cover.
• BOHEMIAN BAR & BISTRO, 233 S.W. G St., Grants Pass, 541-471-7158. Dec. 10, Matt Combe, eclectic guitar, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• CASA AMIGA, 200 McDonald Lane, Grants Pass, 541-956-8602. Dec. 10, Howard Hori, easy listening light rock, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• CEDARWOOD SALOON, 1345 Redwood Ave., Grants Pass, 541-479-6160. Dec. 9-10, Hot Gossip, vintage rock, 9 p.m.-1 a.m.; Thursdays, open jam with AJ, 7-11 p.m. No cover.
• COCINA 7 TAQUERIA, 132 Blodgett Road, Williams, 541-846-6666. Thursdays, open mic, 7 p.m. No cover.
• THE G SPOT, 24099 Redwood Highway, Kerby, 541-592-5220. Dec. 16, Holiday toy and food drive, with live music, 7 p.m.-midnight; 8-11 p.m; Thursdays, open mic, 7-10 p.m.; Wednesdays, karaoke with Jammer Dave, 8 p.m.-midnight. No cover.
• G STREET BAR AND GRILL, 125 S.E. G St., Grants Pass, 541-956-5427. Dec. 8, Beastmaker, hard rock, R.I.P.,rock, The Well, alt indie; Dec. 9, Addictive Volume, rock, R.I.P., rock, Hardware Bend; Dec. 10, Comanche Joey, rock; Dec. 14, Wolves in Argyle, original rock, Thadeus Gonzalez, dark alt rock, Synrgy, rock reggae; Dec. 15, Patrimony, rock, 100 Watt Mind, rock. Music is 8 p.m.-midnight, no cover.
• THE HAUL, 121 S.W. H St., Grants Pass, 541-474-4991. Dec. 9, Eight Dollar Mountain, bluegrass from Ashland, 9 p.m.-midnight; Dec. 14, open mic with Ambur Rose, 6:30 p.m. sign-up, 7 p.m. music. No cover.
• HERB'S LA CASITA, 515 Rogue River Highway, Grants Pass, 541-476-1668. Fridays and Saturdays, Sights and Sounds DJ, modern dance music, in the Vault, 9 p.m.-2 a.m.; daily, karaoke in Shenanigans, 9 p.m.-2 a.m., no cover.
• HEROES AMERICAN CAFE, Grants Pass Shopping Center, 943 S.W. D St., Grants Pass, 541-291-9295. Wednesdays, Steve Keim, acoustic eclectic folk, folk rock, rock, 5-7 p.m. No cover.
• JD'S SPORTS BAR AND BREWERY, 690 Redwood Highway, Grants Pass, 541-471-0383. Dec. 9-10, Soul Food, blues, soul, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. No cover.
• THE LAUGHING CLAM, 121 S.W. G St., Grants Pass, 541-479-1110. Dec. 9, Rob Gunderson Band, blues, rock, country, 7-10 p.m.; Dec. 10, Phil King, acoustic Americana and originals, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• MCGREW'S, 33105 Redwood Highway, O'Brien, 541-596-2202. Dec. 9, Ripple Effect, 9 p.m., $3.
• MUG SHOTS, 145 N.E. Mill St., Grants Pass, 541-479-6212. Fridays, karaoke, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. No cover.
• OLD BARN TAVERN, 2039 Redwood Ave., Grants Pass, 541-479-0222. Saturdays, karaoke, 9 p.m.-1 a.m.; Thursdays, karaoke, 8 p.m.-midnight. No cover.
• RASCALS BAR & GRILL, 20275 Williams Highway, Williams, 541-846-9303. Dec. 9, karaoke, 8 p.m. No cover.
• THE SOUND LOUNGE, 225 S.E. H St., Grants Pass, 541-479-0712. Dec. 9, Adam Knight, soulful guitar and vocals, 6-8:15 p.m.; Dec. 9, Parole Denied, rock, 9-11 p.m. No cover.
• SPEAKEASY TAPROOM & WINE BAR, 208 N.W. Sixth St., Grants Pass, 541-450-4248. Dec. 9, Mike Brons, acoustic guitar and vocals, 8-11 p.m.; Dec. 10, Rogue Rage Duo, Delta blues, 8-11 p.m.; Tuesdays, salsa dancing, lesson 8:30 p.m., $5, open dance 9:30 p.m., free; Wednesdays, Pints and Paints 6:30 p.m., $40-$45. No cover, unless noted.
• STITCHES! BAR & GRILL, 670 Fruitdale Drive, Grants Pass, 541-244-1961. Dec. 9-10 Beats Workin', classic rock, 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.; Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, karaoke, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. No cover.
• TAYLOR'S COUNTRY STORE, 202 S. Redwood Highway, Cave Junction, 541-592-5358. Dec. 9, B Wishes, acoustic guitar and vocals, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• WILD RIVER BREWERY AND PIZZA, 249 N. Redwood Highway, Cave Junction, 541-592-3556. Dec. 10, Dale Hopper, old-time country, 6-9 p.m.; Wednesdays, open mic, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• WILD RIVER PUB, 533 N.E. F St., Grants Pass, 541-474-4456. Dec. 15, acoustic jam, 6-9 p.m.; Tuesdays, Mike Brons, acoustic guitar and vocals, 6-9 p.m., no cover.
• APPLEGATE RIVER LODGE, 15100 Highway 238, Applegate, 541-761-9353, www.liveatthegate.com. Dec. 8, Cast of Clowns, psychedelic jam band, $15 advance, $20 door; Jan. 26, Gipsy Moon, innovative folk, and Kitchen Dwellers, bluegrass, $20 advance, $25 door; Feb. 13, Skerik's Bandelabra, punk jazz, $13 advance, $15 door. Doors open at 8 p.m., music at 9 p.m., unless otherwise noted; tickets at the door or online.
• BAMBOO ROOM AT KING WAH'S, 1182 Court St., Medford, 541-772-1820. Dec. 10, Underground Hip Hop Night featuring Lost Child, 10 p.m.; Dec. 12, Atom Age, El Chapo, 9:45 p.m.-2 a.m. Cover.
• BELLA UNION, 170 W. California St., Jacksonville, 541-899-1770. Dec. 8-10, David Pinsky and Phil Newton, blues, 7-9 p.m. Thursday, 8-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday; Dec. 12, Warren Heart, acoustic, 7-9 p.m. No cover.
• BLACK SHEEP PUB AND RESTAURANT, 51 N. Main St., Ashland, 541-482-6414. Sundays, Celtic music jam, 2-5 p.m., no cover.
• BOOMTOWN SALOON, 105 W. California St., Jacksonville, 541-702-2252. Dec. 10, Robbie DaCosta Band, rockabilly, blues, 8:30-11:30 p.m. No cover.
• BRICKROOM, 35 N. Main St., Ashland, 541-708-6030. Dec. 15, Local Music CD Release Party, hip hop, indie, acoustic, electronic, 9 p.m. $10; Jan. 6, The Brothers Reed, acoustic indie folk pop, with King Roy Wing opening, 9 p.m., $10.
• CALLAHAN'S MOUNTAIN LODGE, Interstate 5 Exit 6, south of Ashland, 541-482-1299. Saturdays through Wednesdays, Ken Hart, guitar and vocals, 6-9 p.m.; Thursdays and Fridays, John Hollis, guitar and vocals, 6-9 p.m., no cover.
• CATTLEMAN'S, 108 Depot St., Rogue River, 541-582-1631. Dec. 9, Funky Joe and Raw Blues, 9 p.m.-1 a.m., no cover; Dec. 10, Brother, Celtic tribal fusion, with Dos Tacos opening, 9 p.m.-midnight, $5; Tuesdays and Thursdays, karaoke, 8 p.m., no cover.
• CHADWICKS PUB AND SPORTS BAR, 2300 Biddle Road, Medford, 541-770-1234. Dec. 9-10 Comedy Night with opener David Tobey and headliner John Tole 9-10:30 p.m., $10, karaoke after comedy.
• GRANITE TAPHOUSE, 23 S. Main St., Ashland, 541-708-5055. Saturdays, DJ dance music, 10:30 p.m.-2 a.m.
• GRAPE STREET BAR & GRILL, 31 S. Grape St., Medford, 541-500-8881. Dec. 10, LEFT, rock, blues, country, originals, 8 p.m.-midnight; Dec. 13, Ashland Blues Society jam, 6:30-9:30 p.m.; Dec. 14, Southern Oregon Jazz Orchestra, 7-9 p.m. No cover.
• HABANEROS, 142 N. Front St., Medford, 541-779-9770. Dec. 9, Fogline, country, 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.; Dec. 10, Tina N The Mix, rock, blues, 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. No cover.
• THE HOMESTEAD PUB , 119 E. Main St., Rogue River, 541-299-0644. Dec. 10, Jim Lesher and Western Express, country, country rock, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. No cover.
• HOWIE'S ON FRONT, 16 N. Front St., Medford, 541-773-5767. Dec. 9, Buckle Rash, outlaw country and southern rock with a punk twist, with Elephant opening, 9 p.m.-1 a.m.; Dec. 10, Star Wars Costume Party, with music by DJ Red, Star Wars-themed drinks, Ninkasi swag give-aways, film ticket prizes; 9 p.m.-1 a.m.; Wednesdays, Trivia Night, 7-10 p.m.; Thursdays, 1980s DJ dance music, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. No cover.
• J'VILLE TAVERN, 125 W. California St., Jacksonville, 541-899-1170. Dec. 9, Frankie Hernandez Band, rock, reggae, soul, funk, 9 p.m.-midnight; Tuesdays, open mic, 7-10 p.m. No cover.
• JEFFERSON SPIRITS, 404 E. Main St., Medford, 541-622-8190. Sundays, open mic with The Robbie DaCosta Trio, 7-10 p.m. No cover.
• JOHNNY B'S ROCKIN' DINER, 120 E. Sixth St., Medford, 541-773-1900. Dec. 9, Zach Bryson and The Meat Rack; Dec. 10, Mos Generator, Year of the Cobra, My Own Black Eye, Dogtooth & Nail; Dec. 11. Santa Youth, El Chapo, Grin Hound, Omid Singh; Dec. 13, Sugar Skulls and Merigolds, Attic, Korbol. Shows at 9 p.m. Cover charges vary.
• LA BAGUETTE MUSIC CAFE, 340 A St., Ashland, 541-482-0855. Dec. 8, John Craigie, singer-songwriter, 7-9 p.m; Dec. 9, Tatiana, classical piano, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Dec. 10, David Rogers, classical and jazz guitar, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Dec. 14, Bread and Jam, jazz standards, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. No cover.
• THE LITTLE BROWN JUG, 104 S. Pacific Highway, Talent, 541-535-3447. Dec. 13, Southern Oregon Jazz Orchestra, 7-9 p.m.; Dec. 20, Jam at the Jug, with Robbie DaCosta and Tom Stamper, 6:30-9:30 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays, karaoke, 9 p.m. No cover.
• MORRTON'S, 980 Phoenix Road, Medford, 541-772-3154. Dec. 9, Nothin' But the Blues with Jen Ambrose, 8-10 p.m. No cover, all ages.
• OBERON'S THREE-PENNY TAVERN, 45 N. Main St., Ashland, 541-482-2316. Dec. 14, Zen Mountain Poets, 8 p.m.; Mondays, open mic, 9 p.m.
• PIER 21, 841 Stewart Ave., Medford, 541-776-3263. Dec. 9-10, Blowin; Smoke, modern country, 9 p.m.-1 a.m.; Thursdays, karaoke, 9 p.m. No cover.
• ROCKY TONK SALOON & GRILL, 333 E. Main St., Medford, 541-973-2887. Dec. 9-10, DJ dance music, 9:30 p.m.-2 a.m.; Tuesdays and Fridays, free line dance lessons, 7-9 p.m.; Thursdays, open mic, 8 p.m., no cover.
• SMITHFIELDS PUB & PIES, 23 S. Second St., Ashland, 541-482-7437. Dec. 10, Phoenix Sigalove, acoustic, 9-11:30 p.m.; Mondays, Robbie DaCosta, blues, rockabilly, 7:30-9:30 p.m.; Tuesdays, karaoke, 9 p.m.-midnight; Wednesdays, Trivia, 8-10 p.m. No cover.
• SWING TREE BREWING CO., 300 E. Hersey St., Suite 7, Ashland, 541-690-6218. Dec. 8, The Brothers Reed, acoustic indie folk pop duo, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• THE TALENT CLUB, 114 Talent Ave., Talent, 541-535-2721. Dec. 10, Mike Dillon, Earl Harvin Duo, eclectic jazz rock, 9 p.m. $10; Dec. 11, Tap Water, world twang from Portland, 8 p.m., $7; Dec. 16, Blue Lotus, American roots rock, with Squirrel Soup Duo, 9 p.m., $7.
• TOUVELLE LODGE, 9367 Table Rock Road, Central Point, 541-826-4855. Dec. 11, Rob Gunderson Band, rock, blues, country, 2-6 p.m. No cover.
• THE TROPHY CLUB, 812 S. Central Ave., Medford, 541-772-4131. Saturdays, karaoke, 8 p.m.-midnight. No cover.
• THE VILLAGE GATE AT THE VILLAGE AT MEDFORD CENTER, 539 Medford Center, Medford, 541-946-8907. Dec. 9, Midnight Party Band, classic rock; Dec. 10, Impulse Control, acoustic alternative. Music is 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• THE WILD GOOSE CAFE & BAR, 2365 Ashland St., Ashland, 541-488-4103. Dec. 12, Blue Notes, 8-11 p.m.; Dec. 13, Jim Quinby and Jeff Addicott, 7:30-10:30 p.m.; Dec. 14, Petunia and the Vipers, 8-11 p.m.; Dec. 15, Gayle Wilson, 8-11 p.m; Fridays and Saturdays, karaoke, 8-11 p.m.; Sundays, Jim Quinby, 6-8 p.m., Little Thom's Open Mike, hosted by Dave Hampton, 8:30-11:30 p.m. No cover.
• SCHMIDT FAMILY VINEYARDS, 330 Kubli Road, Grants Pass, 541-846-9985. Dec. 10, Holiday Open House, noon-5 p.m. No cover.
• TROON VINEYARD, 1475 Kubli Road, Grants Pass, 541-846-9900. Dec. 10, Holiday in the Vines Crafts and Vendors Bazaar, with music by Jeff Kloetzel, 1-4 p.m.; Dec. 11, Holiday in the Vines Crafts and Vendors Bazaar, with music by Jon Galfano, 1-4 p.m. No cover.
• BELLE FIORE WINERY, 955 Dead Indian Memorial Road, Ashland, 541-552-4900. Dec. 9, Paul Turnipseed Trio, jazz; Dec. 11, Jeff Stanley, acoustic guitar and vocals, noon-2 p.m.; Dec. 11, Kat Man D, old country, 5-7 p.m.; Dec. 14, Joe Cohoon, acoustic bass; Dec. 15, Opus 3, jazz piano trio. Music is 6-8 p.m., unless otherwise noted. No cover.
• DANA CAMPBELL VINEYARDS, 970 Old Stage Road, Central Point, 541-499-0449. Dec. 18, Trivia, 3-5 p.m. No cover.
• EDENVALE ENOTECA, 17 N. Main St., Ashland, 541-482-3377. Dec. 16, Nothin' But the Blues with Jen Ambrose, acoustic guitar and vocals, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• EDENVALE WINERY, 2310 Voorhies Road, Medford, 541-512-2955, ext. 2. Sunday brunch, 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. Sundays through Jan. 8, $25, reservations; cooking classes with chef Doug Todd, 6-8 p.m. alternate Tuesdays, $55-$65 per session, reservations required; schedule: Dec. 13 (stovetop smoked duck), Dec. 27 (Cuban sandwiches), Jan. 10 (butternut squash ravioli), Jan. 24 (boeuf bourguignon), Feb. 7 (moussaka and dolmas).
• GRIZZLY PEAK WINERY, 1600 E. Nevada St., Ashland, 541-482-5700. Dec. 15, Accapellare, holiday music, 7-9 p.m., $10.
• PASCHAL WINERY, 1122 Suncrest Road, Talent, 541-535-7957. Dec. 10, Band du Pays, swing, 7-9:30 p.m., with a swing dance lesson at 7 p.m. $10; Dec. 15, John Nilsen, holiday piano concert, 7-9 p.m., $10.
• ROXY ANN WINERY, 3285 Hillcrest Road, Medford, 541-776-2315. Dec. 9, TC & The Reactions, power R&B, 8 p.m., $5; Dec. 14, LEFT and guest, eclectic, 5-7 p.m., no cover; Dec. 16, John Nilsen, Christmas piano concert, 6-8 p.m. , no cover.
• SOUTH STAGE CELLARS, 125 S. Third St., Jacksonville, 541-899-9120. Dec. 9, The Brothers Reed, acoustic indie folk pop; Dec. 10, Nick Garrett-Powell from the Fret Drifters, finger-style guitar; Dec. 14, Shybo, acoustic guitar and vocals. Music is 6-8 p.m.
• CHRISTIAN MUSIC CONCERT, 7 p.m. Dec. 10, New Song Christian Fellowship, 111 N.E. Evelyn Ave., Grants Pass. Pilgrim EP release, with Robbie Jr., Triple THR33, Compliment, Xay, TY-G, DJ Parker Morris. Free.
• FIGHTING HUNGER WITH HARMONY, 3 p.m. Dec. 11, River Valley Church, 405 N.E. Sixth St, Grants Pass, 541-479-5556. Music by RCC Concert Band, RCC Redwood Community Chorus, Grants Pass Children's Choir, guest singers and ensembles. Free, donations of food or funds encouraged.
• SONGS OF THE HEART & HOME, 4 p.m. Dec. 11, Thunder Ridge Ranch, Galice, 541-471-2206. Acoustic house concert features Greg Blake Trio playing Appalachia meets modern bluegrass. Limited seating, donation only; call for info and directions.
• FOUNTAINVIEW ACADEMY ORCHESTRA AND SINGERS, 5 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 11, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 12, Seventh-day Adventist Church, 1360 N.E. Ninth St., Grants Pass, 541-476-6313, 541-474-3089. Christmas program of old and new works. Free, tickets required; get them at Evergreen Federal Bank or call.
• JOHN NILSEN, 7 p.m. Dec. 14, Newman United Methodist Church, 132 N.E. B St., Grants Pass, 541-479-5369. Solo piano holiday concert. $10, at the door.
• HOLIDAY CONCERT, 7 p.m. Dec. 14-15, Grants Pass High School Performing Arts Center, Eighth and Olive streets, Grants Pass, 541-474-5780, ext. 80121. Grants Pass High School bands, choirs and orchestra perform a seasonal holiday program. $8 adults, $5 students and seniors.
• ACOUSTIC JAM, 6-9 p.m. Dec. 15, Wild River Pub, 533 N.E. F St., Grants Pass, 541-476-5426. Folk, bluegrass, old-time, country, jam session for pickers and singers of all levels. Free.
• ROCK CONCERT, 6-10 p.m. Dec. 16, Eaden Ballroom, 244 S.W. K St., Grants Pass. Music by Eternal Covenant, Christian metal; Proclaimer, Christian rock; Your Hands Write History, progressive metal; Doves and Vultures, hard rock; to benefit Cyle Ewbank family. $6 suggested donation.
• "LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS," 6:30 p.m. Dec. 16, Seventh-day Adventist Church, 1360 N.E. Ninth St., Grants Pass, 541-476-6313. Local musician Tim and Stephanie Crary, Tammy Twis and Kayla Herndon perform, with scenes from the 2006 film "The Nativity." Free, refreshments follow.
• HOLIDAY CANDLELIGHT CONCERT, 7 p.m. Dec. 16, Life of Learning, 459 Galice Road, Merlin, 541-476-1200. Traditional English and French Christmas carols, contemporary pieces by Will Todd, Phillip Stopford, Dan Forrest and Pentatonix, presented by choir and soloists. Free.
• DELGANI STRING QUARTET: MUSIC ENLIGHTENS TEXT, 3 p.m. Dec. 17, Newman United Methodist Church, 132 N.E. B St., Grants Pass. A collaborative performance with Man of Words Theatre Company's Rickie Birran, coupling text by Lewis Carroll, Robert Browning, Williams Blake and John Milton with new music by composer Paul Safar. $20 general, $5 students, sold at the door.
• ROBERT CRAY, 8 p.m. Dec. 17, Rogue Theatre, 143 S.E. H St., Grants Pass, 541-471-1316, www,roguetheatre.com. Blues, for ages 21 and over only. $38 general, $48 and $58 reserved.
• COMMUNITY MUSIC NIGHT, 6-9 p.m. Dec. 18, Bridgeview Community Church, 5181 Holland Loop Road, Cave Junction, 541-592-3923. Acoustic music jam. Free.
• ALLISON SCULL & VICTOR MARTIN, 7:30 p.m. Jan. 6, Barnstormers Theater, 112 N.E. Evelyn Ave., Grants Pass, 541-479-3557, barnstormersgp.org. Fusion of jazz, folk, blues and funk with guitar, saxophone and vocals, from Dunsmuir, Calif. Tickets $15.
• ROBERT EARL KEEN, 8 p.m. Jan. 21, Rogue Theatre, 143 S.E. H St., Grants Pass, 541-471-1316, www,roguetheatre.com. Bluegrass, for ages 21 and over only. $35.
• RCC OSPREYS BAND, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9, RCC Performance Hall, 130 E. Eighth St., Medford. Jazz, jazz fusion, groove music. Free.
• BRANDON RIDENOUR, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9, North Medford High School, 1900 N. Keene Way Drive, Medford, 541-772-1384, jcconcerts.org. Trumpeter and composer. $25; sold at Piano Studios and Showcase and online.
• SISKIYOU SINGERS, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9, 3 p.m. Dec. 10-11, SOU Music Recital Hall, 450 S. Mountain Ave., Ashland, 541-482-5290, www.siskiyousingers.org. Maria Theresa Mass with orchestra, plus songs of the holiday season. $20 general, $5 for students and Oregon Trail Card holders; sold at Music Coop in Ashland, Grocery Outlet in Medford and online.
• CRATERIAN MUSIC HALL: A GOSPEL CHRISTMAS, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9-10, Dec. 16-17, Craterian Theater, 23 S. Central Ave., Medford, 541-779-3000, craterian.org. Local band and singers perform gospel songs and spirituals. $24.
• FAMILY SING-ALONG, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 11, Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland, 541-774-6995. Tish McFadden, Brian Freeman and the Children's Ukulele band lead holiday favorites, with some percussion instruments provided, with candle making and other crafts, special storytime and life-sized gingerbread house. Free
• HOLIDAY SWINGING JAZZ PARTY, 7 p.m. Dec. 11, Paschal Winery, 1122 Suncrest Road, Talent, www.siskiyoumusicproject.com. Leslie Kendall and Friends play holiday favorites and jazz classics. $25 general, $20 members of the Siskiyou Music Project; benefits artists-in-schools program.
• JOHN NILSEN, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 13, Upper Rogue United Methodist Church, 18977 Highway 62, Shady Cove, 541-878-2793. Solo piano holiday concert. $10, suggested donation.
• BRAD IRVIN, 6-7 p.m. Dec. 14, Gold Hill Library, 202 Dardanelles St., Gold Hill, 541-855-1994. Festive music of the season, gift books for kids. Free.
• ROMANTIC VIRTUOSITY — VIOLIN AND PIANO CONCERT, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14, First United Methodist Church, 175 N. Main St., Ashland, 541-292-6749, brownpapertickets.com. Violinist Kinga Augustyn and pianist Martin Majkut perform works by Wieniawski, Kreisler, Chopin, Paganini, Piazolla, Paderewski, Massenet, Brahms and Sarasate. $22 advance, $25 door.
• JOHN NILSEN, 1 p.m. Dec. 17, Gold Hill United Methodist Church, 416 Fourth St., Gold Hill, 541-855-7224. Solo piano holiday concert. $10 suggested donation.
• SOUTHERN OREGON REPERTORY SINGERS, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 17, 3 p.m. Dec. 18, SOU Music Recital Hall, 450 S. Mountain Ave., Ashland, 541-552-0900, repsingers.org. Art music and carols from around the world, Renaissance motets, newly composed music, Hanukkah carols, spirituals, with the Chamber Choir from North Medford High School. $26 and $32, $5 for students and Oregon Trail Card holders.
• LAZER LLOYD, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 25, Havurah Shir Hadash, 185 N. Mountain Ave., Ashland, 800-838-3006, brownpapertickets.com. Solo blues concert. Optional Chinese dinner served at 6 p.m. Dinner and concert $30, concert only $15. Tickets sold at Music Coop in Ashland, by phone or online.
• BEATS ANTIQUE, 9 p.m. Dec. 29, Ashland Armory, 208 Oak St., Ashland, www.liveatthearmory.com. World roots electronica fusion trio, with Thriftworks opening. $30 advance, $35 door, for age 21 and older only.
• GABE YOUNG AND JODI FRENCH 7:30 p.m. Dec. 30, SOU Music Recital Hall, 450 S. Mountain Ave., Ashland, 541-552-6154, www.chambermusicconcerts,org. Oboist and pianist perform music of Bowen, Goosens, Saint-saens and Massenet. $20 general, $5 students and Oregon Trail Card holders.
• ZEPDRIX NEW YEAR'S EVE ROCK BALL, 9:30 p.m. Dec. 31, Ashland Armory, 208 Oak St., Ashland, www.liveatthearmory.com. Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix music by Lovebite featuring Jeff Pevar and special guests, with festive attire encouraged. $30 advance, $35 door, for 21 and over only.
• SOUTHERN OREGON JAZZ ORCHESTRA, 8-10 p.m. Jan. 4, Eagles Lodge, 2000 Table Rock Road, Medford, sojazzorchestra.com. Sixteen-piece big band. Free.
• UMPQUA SINGERS AND BIGHORN JAZZ BAND, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9, Centerstage Theatre, Umpqua Community College, Roseburg, 541-440-4691. Jazz standards, contemporary selections, Christmas favorites/ $7 singles, $15 families.
• HI FI MUSIC HALL, 44 E. Seventh St., Eugene, hifimusichall.com. Get schedule and ticket information online.
• HULT CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, Seventh and Willamette, Eugene, 541-682-5000, www.hultcenter.org. Get schedule and ticket information online.
• JOHN G. SHEDD INSTITUTE FOR THE ARTS, 868 High St., Eugene, 541-434-7000, www.theshedd.org. Live concert venue. Get schedule and ticket information online.
• MCDONALD THEATRE, 1010 Willamette St., Eugene, 541-345-4442, www.mcdonaldtheatre.com. Live concert venue. Get schedule and ticket information online.
• MATTHEW KNIGHT ARENA, 1776 E. 13th St., Eugene, 541-346-4461, www.matthewknightarena.com. Get schedule and ticket information online.
• ROSS RAGLAND THEATER, 218 N. Seventh St. Klamath Falls, 541-884-5483, www.rrtheater.org.
• ALADDIN THEATER, 3017 S.E. Milwaukie Ave., Portland, 503-234-9694, www.aladdin-theater.com. Check listings for details.
• ARLENE SCHNITZER CONCERT HALL, 1037 S.W. Broadway, Portland, contact 503-248-4335, www.portland5.com/arlene-schnitzer-concert-hall. Check listings for details.
• CRYSTAL BALLROOM, 31332 W. Burnside St., Portland, 503-225-0047, www.mcmenamins.com. Check listings for details.
• MODA CENTER, 1 N. Center Court, Portland, 503-235-8771, www.rosequarter,com. Check listings for details.
• OREGON SYMPHONY, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, southwest Broadway and Main, Portland, 503-228-1353, www.orsymphony.org. Call or go online for concert schedule, tickets.
• "PARFUMERIE," 7 p.m. Dec. 9-10, 2 p.m. Dec. 11, North Valley High School, 6741 Monument Drive, Grants Pass, 541-479-3388. Two quarreling perfume shop employees fall in love via secret correspondence. Tickets $5 adults, $4 seniors.
• OLD TIME RADIO PLAYERS, 7 p.m. Dec. 9-10, 2 p.m Dec. 11, Grants Pass Community Center, Fourth and L streets, Grants Pass, 541-659-7723. Variety show with music, singing, dancing, comedy, musical saw, plus dessert. $12 with advance reservation, $14 door. Nonperishable food donations for the Josephine County Food Bank suggested.
• "ALICE IN WONDERLAND," 7 p.m. Dec. 10, Lorna Byrne Middle School, 102 S. Junction Ave., Cave Junction, 707-668-5663. Dell'Arte Company reimagines the classic story to show the unique struggles of growing up in Northern California. Free, nonperishable food donations requested.
• "THE HEART OF WINTER," 5 p.m. Dec. 10-11, Lorna Byrne Middle School, 102 S. Junction Ave., Cave Junction, 541-649-2333. Art Stars, ArtNovas, EverStars and dancefarmplayers perform original dance and theater show celebrating the holidays. Pay-what-you-can, at the door; Saturday show followed by $5-$15 sliding scale bottomless soup bowl dinner.
• "THE NUTCRACKER BALLET," 7:30 p.m. Dec. 10, 2 p.m. Dec. 11, 2 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 17, 2 p.m. Dec. 18, Grants Pass High School Performing Arts Center, Eighth and Olive streets, Grants Pass, 541-476-4641, gpnutcracker.org. The 25th annual production of the holiday classic, with opulent costumes and sets. Section A Tickets are $20 for all seats, Section B tickets are $15 adults, $12 youth and seniors.
• "A CHRISTMAS STORY" 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. Sundays, through Dec. 18, Barnstormers Theatre, 112 N.E. Evelyn Ave., Grants Pass, 541-479-3557, barnstormersgp.org. A young boy dreams of getting an air rifle for Christmas. Tickets $15; Dec. 8 is pay-what-you-want actors' benefit.
• DINNER TO DIE FOR, 6 p.m. Saturdays, Cynthia's Home Sweet Home, 1038 N.W. Sixth St., Grants Pass, 541-479-5953. Interactive murder mystery dinner theater. $30, reservations required.
• THE HAMAZONS — A HOLIDAY CLASSIC, 8 p.m. Dec. 9-10, 2 p.m. Dec. 11, Bellview Grange, 1050 Tolman Creek Road, Ashland, hamazons.com. Improvisational comedy. $15 advance, $18 door.
• "WHITE CHRISTMAS," 7 p.m. Dec 9-10, 15-17, 21-23, 27-29, 1 p.m. Dec. 11, 18, 24, 31, Randall Theatre Company, 10 E. Third St., Medford, 541-632-3258, randalltheatre.com. Musical adaptation with music by Irving Berlin. $18 reserved, pay-what-you-want at the door, as available.
• "NUTCRACKER BALLET," 7 p.m. Dec. 17, 3 p.m. Dec. 18, Central Medford High School, 815 S, Oakdale Ave., Medford, 541-772-1362.Holiday classic ballet. $15 reserved, $10 adults, $6 children.
• "WITH EVERY CHRISTMAS CARD I WRITE," 7 p.m. Dec 20, Randall Theatre Company, 10 E. Third St., Medford, 541-632-3258, randalltheatre.com. A musical show about the magic of Christmas with Kacie Garner and multimedia. $10.
• "A CELTIC CHRISTMAS," 3 and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 23, Craterian Theater, Medford, 541-708-6400, craterian.org. Celtic musicians, singers, dancers. $29, $32, $35 general, $20, $23, $26 youth.
• "THE SNOW QUEEN," 7:30 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays, 1:30 p.m. Sundays, through Dec. 31, Collaborative Theatre Project, 555 Medford Center, Medford, ctporegon.org. Pop rock musical interpretation of Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale about a young girl's quest to save her best friend from the wicked Snow Queen. Tickets $25 adults, $18 children under 18.
• "THE PINE MOUNTAIN LODGE," 8 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday, 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, through Dec. 31, and 8 p.m. Dec. 13, Dec. 20 and 26, and 1 p.m. Dec. 21 (no shows Dec. 25, Dec. 27), Oregon Cabaret Theatre, First and Hargadine streets, Ashland, 541-488-2902, theoregoncabaret.com. A returning WWII vet is tasked with shutting down his late father's upstate New York hotel — or putting on one last show to save it. Tickets $21 and $35.
• "THE ODD COUPLE," 7:30 p.m. Jan. 6-7, Jan. 13-14, Craterian Theater, Medford, 541-708-6400, craterian.org. Neil Simon comedy about mis-matched roommates. $18.
• "SOUTH PACIFIC," 8 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, 2 p.m. Sundays, through Jan. 8, plus 8 p.m. Dec. 20 and Dec. 27 (no shows Dec. 25), Camelot Theatre, 101 Talent Ave., Talent, 541-535-5250, www.camelottheatre.org. Two parallel love stories set on an island paradise during World War II. Tickets $18-$36, rush tickets (10 minutes before curtain) are $18; Dec. 7 is pay-what-you-can.
• "FAME — THE MUSICAL," 7:30 p.m. Jan. 16, Craterian Theater, Medford, 541-708-6400, craterian.org. The successes, failures, elation and fear of a group of aspiring students at the New York High School of Performing Arts. Tickets $46, $52, $58.
• "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE," 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, 2 p.m. Sundays, through Dec. 18, Betty Long Unruh Theatre, 1614 W. Harvard Ave., Roseburg, 541-673-2125, www.uact-theatre.com. An angel shows a man what the world would be like had he never been born. $5-$12; 2 p.m. Dec. 17 show is $5.
• HULT CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, Seventh and Willamette, Eugene, 541-682-5000, www.hultcenter.org. Get schedule and ticket information online.
• ARLENE SCHNITZER CONCERT HALL, 1037 S.W. Broadway, Portland, contact 503-248-4335, www.portland5.com/arlene-schnitzer-concert-hall. Check listings for details.
• ARTISTS REPERTORY THEATRE, 1516 S.W. Morrison St., Portland, 503-241-1278, www.artistsrep.org.
• ROSS RAGLAND THEATER, 218 N. Seventh St. Klamath Falls, 541-884-5483, www.rrtheater.org.
• VISITS WITH SANTA, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2-5 p.m. Dec. 10 and Dec. 17, Grants Pass Shopping Center, 959 N.E. D St., Grants Pass, 541-474-0858. Visits are free, photos are $5 per family or group with your own camera, $7 for photos printed on site.
• VISITS WITH SANTA, 4-7 p.m. Fridays, noon-5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 9-24, Holiday Plaza, Fifth and G streets, Grants Pass, 541-476-5773. Free.
• YOUNG MASTER GARDENERS, 11:30 a.m.-noon and 3-3:45 p.m. Dec. 14, Josephine Community Library, 200 N.W. C St., Grants Pass, 541-476-0571. "Worms Go in and Worms Go Out," looks at the benefits of worms, compost, vermiculcture, Free; morning program for 5 and younger, afternoon for 6 and older, registration required for after-school session.
• SENSORY FRIENDLY GYM, 10 a.m.-noon Dec. 17, Grants Pass Family YMCA, 1000 Redwood Ave., Grants Pass, 541-474-0001. For children with special needs, with visits with Canine Angels, followed by open swim. Free.
• CHRISTMAS BREAK DAY CAMP, Dec. 19-23 and Dec. 26-30, Grants Pass Family YMCA, 1000 Redwood Ave., Grants Pass, 541-474-0001. Activities, field trips and more for kids in K-eighth grades. $27-$32 per day.
• CAMP EEK, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 19-22, Wildlife Images, 11845 Lower River Road, Grants Pass, 541-476-0222. Day camp for children 7-12, with themed educational activities. $25-$30 per session.
• WILD WEEKENDS, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays, through April, Wildlife Images, 11845 Lower River Road, Grants Pass, 541-476-0222. Day camp for children 7-12, with themed educational activities. $25-$30 per session.
• WOLF PACK, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays through May, Wildlife Images, 11845 Lower River Road, Grants Pass, 541-476-0222. Day camp for ages 13-16, with educational activities on the different themes. $25-$30, registration required.
• INDOOR PLAY GROUP, 10-11 a.m. Mondays, Grants Pass Family YMCA, 1000 Redwood Ave., Grants Pass, 541-474-0001. Games, activities for toddlers, preschoolers and older children. Free; parents must stay with children.
• BABY RHYME TIME, 11 a.m.-noon Thursdays, Grants Pass Branch Josephine Community Libraries, 200 N.W. C St., Grants Pass., 541-956-2059, 541-474-3101, ext. 232. Parents and babies up to 2 years old meet for storytime and playtime with others. Free.
• PRESCHOOL PLAY TIME, 9-11a.m. Mondays, 9-10 a.m. Thursdays, Grants Pass Family YMCA, 1000 Redwood Ave., Grants Pass, 541-474-0001. Physical activities and sports for kids 3-4. Free; parents must stay with children.
• FAMILIES AT PLAY, 1-2 p.m. Wednesdays, Illinois Valley Library, 209 W. Palmer St., Cave Junction, 541-592-4778. Storytime and play time for toddlers, preschoolers and older children, parent support group. Free; parents must stay with children.
• SANTA CLAUS STORYTIME, 11-11:30 a.m. Dec. 12, Central Point Library, 116 S. Third St., Central Point, 541-664-3228. Santa reads stories for kids, hands out candy canes and coloring books. Free.
• FUN FOR KIDS, 11:30 a.m. Dec. 16, Rogue River Library, 412 Main St., Rogue River, 541-864-8850. Puppet show, face painting, balloon animals, crafts. Free.
• KID TIME DISCOVERY EXPERIENCE, 106 N. Central Ave., Medford, 541-772-9922, www.kid-time.org. Interactive exhibits and classes that promote imagination and cooperative play. Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Admission $4-$8.
• SCIENCEWORKS, 1500 E. Main St., Ashland, 541-482-6767, www.scienceworksmuseum.org. Exhibits and activities related to energy, anatomy, chemistry, perception, motion, engineering, other sciences. Open Wednesday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; admission $8-$10, free for kids under 2, $1 every first Sunday.
• ART IN THE COMMUNITY, members of the Josephine County Artists' Association show their paintings. For December: Gillian McMains at Umpqua Bank, 1670 Williams Highway.
• BOHEMIAN BAR & BISTRO, 233 S.W. G St., Grants Pass, 541-471-7158. Glass art by Keegan Brons from the Glass Forge, through December.
• FIREHOUSE GALLERY, 214 S.W. Fourth St., Grants Pass, 541-956-7489. "December Invitational," multi-media exhibit with work by Elan Chardin Gombart, Heidi Harless, Richard Newman and Karen Staal, through Dec. 8, with card reproductions of the artists' work for purchase.
• GALLERY ONE AT THE MUSEUM, 229-B S.W. G St., Grants Pass, 541-479-1218. "Winter Solstice," photography by gallery artists, through Dec. 30.
• GRANTS PASS MUSEUM OF ART, 229 S.W. G St., Grants Pass, 541-479-3290. Annual Membership Exhibition, non-juried show of 154 pieces by 88 museum members, ranging from sculpture to fabric to paintings and mixed media, through Dec. 15.
• GRANTS PASS VINTAGE OUTLET AND CONSIGNMENTS, 124 S.W. G St., Grants Pass, 541-295-7540. Fire Mountain Gems' annual Employee Art Exhibit, with more than 50 entries of art, photography and jewelry design, through December.
• ILLINOIS VALLEY FINE ARTISTS, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Rogue Community College Belt Building, 24353 Redwood Highway, Kerby, 541-592-6351. Artists work in all media, with Gene Drake available for lessons.
• REBEL BRICKS, 229-A S.W. G St., Grants Pass, 541-244-1933. Whimsical monsters in acrylic by Misti King, through December.
• SOUTHERN OREGON GUILD GALLERY, 24353 Redwood Highway, Kerby, 541-659-3858. Holiday show, through Dec. 10.
• UNTITLED 2.0, 119 S.E. Sixth St., Grants Pass, untitled2gallery.com. "Proto-Fetishist Paintings" by Paul James Cunningham, through December.
• THIRD FRIDAY ART WALK, 5-8 p.m. Dec. 16, throughout Medford. Local galleries and businesses hold receptions for art viewers. Free.
• ART AND SOUL GALLERY, 247 E. Main St., Ashland, 541-488-9006. "50th Fall Transparent Media Traveling Show," 20 award-winning works by members of the Watercolor Society of Oregon, through Dec. 30.
• ART DU JOUR GALLERY, 213 E. Main St. Medford, 541-770-3190. Art by gallery artists, ongoing.
• ARTISAN EYEWORKS, 180 Lithia Way, No. 103, Ashland, 541-414-7320. Photographer Darcie Sternenberg, through December.
• ART PRESENCE, 206 Fifth St., Jacksonville, 541-899-3759. "Small Treasures," artwork suitable for gift-giving, through Dec. 31.
• ASHLAND ART CENTER, 357 E. Main St., Ashland, 541-301-5975. Three-dimensional printmade jewelry by Tiffany Hokanson, through December, plus work by gallery artists, ongoing.
• ASHLAND ART WORKS, 291 Oak "Winter Wonders," holiday gift show, through December, plus work by gallery artists, ongoing.
• CENTER FOR THE VISUAL ARTS, Art Building, Southern Oregon University, Ashland, 541-552-6387. "Gold Fever" by Kyle Peets, "Undercurrent," paintings by Laurie Brain, "The Anguish of Lost Words," paintings by Austin Brayfield, "What Dwells in the Shadows" by Christopher Sharp; "Exposed," paintings by Aimee Dahlin, "Suspects," watercolors by Paige Gerhard, through Dec. 9.
• EDENVALE ENOTECA, 17 N. Main St., Ashland, 541-482-3377. Mixed media paintings by Cammy Davis, through Jan. 30.
• GALLERIE KARON, 500 A St., Ashland, 541-482-9008. "Gifts from the Gifted," through December.
• GOOD BEAN COMPANY, 165 S. Oregon St., Jacksonville, 541-899-8740. "The Angel Show," artwork of angels by Rogue Valley artists, through Dec. 31.
• HANSON HOWARD GALLERY, 89 Oak St. Ashland, 541-488-2562. "Gallery Artists Salon," paintings, prints, sculpture and ceramics by gallery artists, through Dec. 30.
• HOUSTON'S CUSTOM FRAMING, 280 E. Hersey St., No,. 11, Ashland, 541-482-1983. Peanuts original animation art, plus work by gallery artists, ongoing.
• JACKSONVILLE LIBRARY, 304 W. C St., Jacksonville, 541-899-1665. Abstract acrylic paintings by Patrick Beste, through December.
• MEDFORD LIBRARY, 205 S. Central Ave., Medford, 541-774-8678. Watercolors by Linda Abblet, through December.
• NIMBUS, 25 E. Main St., Ashland, 541-482-3621. Contemporary paintings, glass, wood, ceramics and jewelry by gallery artists, ongoing.
• THE PHOTOGRAPHERS' GALLERY, 357 E, Main St., Ashland, 541-482-2772. Images by David Lorenz Winston, through December.
• PIONEER VILLAGE, 805 N. Fifth St., Jacksonville, 541-702-1804. Watercolor and mixed media paintings by Judith Ghetti Ommen, through Dec. 10.
• ROGUE GALLERY, 40 S. Bartlett St., Medford, 541-772-8118. "Icons," annual members non-juried exhibition of new work on the theme, "Paper Designs" hand-toned rolled spools of paper by Laurie Brown, through Dec. 21.
• SCHNEIDER MUSEUM OF ART, Siskiyou Boulevard and Indiana Avenue, Ashland, 541-552-6245, www.sou.edu/sma. "Art on Paper: 10 Women Artists" works of 10 internationally renowned female artists, through Jan. 7.
• THE ART GALLERY AT UCC, Umpqua Community College, Roseburg, 541-440-4692. Landscape paintings by Pete Anderson, through Dec. 9.
• GALLERY 7, Seven Feathers Casino Resort, Canyonville, 800-548-8461. "Umpqua Plein Air Traveling Exhibit, award-winning paintings from Umpqua Plein Air 2016, through Jan. 7.
• UMPQUA VALLEY ARTS CENTER, 1624 W. Harvard Ave., Roseburg, 541-672-2532. "EarthWindFire," juried show; Pastel Society of Oregon; "This Place," works by Gabe Fernandez; Holiday Pop-Up Shop; "Rural," works by Lora Block; "Making a Mark," works by Teen Art Studio students, through Dec. 23.
• POETRY SHARING, 7-9 p.m. Dec. 9, Grants Pass Museum of Art, 229 S.W. G St., Grants Pass, 541-479-3290. Read or listen to poems, on the theme The Clothes We Wear. Free, donations welcome. Meets every second Friday.
• ECKANKAR BOOK DISCUSSION, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 10 Grants Pass Branch Library, 200 N.W. C St., Grants Pass, 541-476-7648. Ongoing study of "Wisdom of the Heart" 3.
• CHRISTIAN WRITERS SUPPORT GROUP, noon-1:30 p.m. Dec. 13, 237 S.E. G St., Grants Pass (use door between the cleaners and All the World Christian Center). 541-441-0932. Speaker Dave Wright, author of "Not Enough Tears." No membership fee, donations welcome.
• JOY LUCK BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP, 2-3:30 p.m. first and third Thursday, Countryside Village, 1700 Kellenbeck Road, Grants Pass, 541-476-7665. Long-time book discussion group reads and discusses one book per month; fifth Thursday is a no-host lunch outing.
• BOOK SALE, 1-7 p.m. Dec. 8, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 10, Ruch Library, 7919 Highway 238, Ruch, 541-899-7438. Gift-quality books of all genres.
• SECOND TUESDAY BOOK CLUB, 3-4:30 p.m. Dec. 13, Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, 541-774-6996. Book discussion group reads "Welcome to Bragsville" by T. Geronimo Johnson. Free.
• SECOND TUESDAY BOOK CHAT, 5:30 p.m. Dec. 13, Medford Library, 205 S. Central Ave., Medford, 541-774-6415. Book discussion group. Free.
• THIRD THURSDAY LIBRARY BOOK GROUP, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Dec. 15, Central Point Library, 116 S. Third St., Central Point, 541-664-3228. Readers share about their favorite books. Free.
• BOOKS ON SATURDAY, 10-11 a.m. Dec. 17, Medford Library, 205 S. Central Ave., Medford, 541-774-8679. Book discussion group. Free.
• BRAIN BOOKS DISCUSSION GROUP, 1:30-3 p.m. Dec. 20, Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, 541-774-6996. Book discussion group. reads "The Secret History of Wonder Woman" by Jill Lepore. Free.
• EXPLORATIONS OF AGING BOOK GROUP, 2-3:30 p.m. Dec. 21, Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, 541-774-6996. Book discussion group reads "Being Mortal" Medicine and What Matters in the End" by Atul Gawande, facilitated by Gaea Yudron. Free.
• SISKIYOU SLEUTHS BOOK GROUP, 3 to 4:30 p.m. Dec. 28, Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, 541-774-6996. Mystery discussion group. Free.
• ARTISANS HOLIDAY FAIRE, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 10, Community Bible Church, 113 S. Caves Ave., Cave Junction, 541-592-6222. Work by local artists and craftsmen, music, food. Free admission.
• JOURNEY TO BETHLEHEM, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Dec. 9-10, 5-7 p.m. Dec. 11, Apostolic Faith Church, 422 N.W. F St., Grants Pass, 541-761-3095. Guided tours through the world of Jesus, 2,000 years ago. Free.
• HOMES FOR THE HOLIDAYS, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 10, Grants Pass area, 541-287-0778. Self-guided tour of homes decked out for the holidays, plus breakfast (9-11:30 a.m.) at Three Rivers medical Center. Tickets $20 adults, $10 children; sold at Three Rivers Gift Shop, Evergreen Federal Bank in Grants Pass or at the breakfast.
• FESTIVE OPEN HOUSE, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 10, Southern Oregon Guild Gallery, 24353 Redwood Highway, Kerby, 541-659-3858. Art gifts, sweet treats, raffle prize, silent auction. Free admission.
• GUN AND KNIFE SHOW, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 10, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 11, Josephine County Fairgrounds, Grants Pass, 800-659-3440. Firearms, ammunition, accessories. Admission $7.
• LIGHT UP A LIFE CEREMONY, 6-8 p.m. Dec. 13, Lovejoy Hospice, 939 S.E. Eighth St., Grants Pass, 541-474-1193. Remembrance ornaments, tree lighting, slide show, music, reading of names, refreshments. Free.
• CHRISTMAS PAST, 1-4 p.m. Dec. 17, Schmidt House Museum, 508 S.W. Fifth St., Grants Pass, 541-479-7827. Old-fashioned Christmas with music, food, entertainment, crafts for kids, Living History Players. Free.
• SANTA PUB CRAWL, 6-10 p.m. Dec. 17, various pubs and restaurants in downtown Grants Pass. Benefit for Toys for Tots. No cost; bring unwrapped, unopened toy.
• ANNIVERSARY BENEFIT, 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Dec. 19, Wild River Pub, 533 N.E. F St., Grants Pass, 541-474-4456. Menu specials, discounts, raffles, prizes, music by Mike Brons (6-9 p.m.), with 10 percent of proceeds benefitting Josephine Community Libraries.
• FAMILY NIGHT, 6 p.m. Fridays, Cynthia's Home Sweet Home, 1038 N.W. Sixth St., Grants Pass, 541-479-5953. Fun activities for families. Free.
• TEEN NIGHT, 6:30-9 p.m. Fridays, Boys and Girls Club, 209 S.E. Ninth St., Grants Pass, 541-479-1923, ext. 115. Ages 13-18 enjoy football, foosball, open gym, pool air hockey, and dodgeball. Free.
• ROGUE VALLEY CHRISTMAS MARKET, 3-8 p.m. Dec. 9-10, Fry Family Farm Story, 2184 Ross Lane, Medford. Handmade crafts and gifts from more than 50 local artisans, music, Light Up a Life ceremony, hot apple cider and cocoa. Free admission
• A VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 10-11, Dec. 17-18, Dec. 26, Beekman House, 470 E. California St., Jacksonville, 541-245-3650. Tour historic home to learn how Christmas was celebrated during the late 1800s. Tours begin every 15 minutes. $5 adults, $3 students and seniors.
• HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE, 1-3 p.m. Dec. 11, Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland, 541-774-6995. Family sing-along of holiday favorites, with some percussion instruments provided, candle making and other crafts, special storytime and life-sized gingerbread house. Free
• ABUNDANCE SWAP, Dec. 11, Ashland Armory, 208 Oak St., Ashland, www.liveatthearmory.com. Community gathering for buying, selling trading quality items. Free admission.
• HISTORY LECTURE SERIES, noon, Dec. 14, Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, 541-774-6996, 541-773-6536. The 12th in a year-long history lecture series called "Windows in Time." Free.
• HOLIDAYS AT HANLEY FARM, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 26-27, Hanley Farm, 1053 Hanley Road, Central Point, 541-773-6536, ext. 202, www.sohs.org. Tour decorated farmhouse, hear holidays stories, family history, warm cider, self-guided tours of the grounds. Admission is free, home tours $3-$5; advance registration suggested.
• NOON YEAR'S EVE PARTY, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec, 31, ScienceWorks Museum, 1500 E. Main St., Ashland, 541-482-6767, www. scienceworksmuseum.org. Countdown and balloon drop at noon, make-you-own party hats and nose makers, dancing, egg drop contest. Admission $5 for members, $10 nonmembers, $30 families.
• NEW YEAR'S EVE BINGO, 4:30 p.m. Dec. 31, Rogue River Community Center, 132 Broadway, Rogue River, 541-582-1488. Dinner and dessert, party favors, sparkling cider, bingo game packs, free drawings. Tickets $50.
• ASHLAND ICE RINK, 95 Winburn Way, Ashland, 541-488-9189, 541-488-5340, www.ashland.or.us/icerink. Open through Feb. 26, times vary. Admission $3.50-$4; skates $2.50 per pair.
• HOLIDAY HOME TOUR, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 11, Roseburg area, 541-672-2532, uvarts.com. Self-guided tour of three homes decked out for the holidays (1-4 p.m.), with holiday party at the Arts Center. Tickets $15.
• FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS & HOLIDAY VILLAGE, 5:30-9 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays, 5:30-10 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, through Jan. 1, River Forks Park, Roseburg, 541-672-3469. Drive-through holiday lights display, giant nutcracker, arts and crafts, wagon rides, Santa (village open 5:30-9 p.m. Thursday-Sunday, through Dec. 24.). Drive-through is $10 per car.
• ZOOLIGHTS, 5-9 p.m. daily, through Jan. 1, Oregon Zoo, 4001 S.W. Canyon Road, Portland, oregonzoo.org. Holiday display of more than 1 million lights, carousel, train rides. $4.95-$14.95.
• SEVEN FEATHERS CASINO RESORT, Canyonville, 800-772-5425. That Other Band, through Dec. 11; UFC 206 Viewing Party, Dec. 10; Hank Shreve Band, Dec. 14-18; Rick Jones Brotherhood, Dec. 21-25; Amy Clawson, Dec. 28-Jan. 1; Justin Shandor as Elvis, Jan. 7-8; lounge entertainment, ongoing.
• SPIRIT MOUNTAIN CASINO, Grand Ronde, 800-760-7977. Tracy Morgan, Dec. 10; UFC 206 Viewing party, Dec. 10; Holiday Wine & Spirits Fair, Dec. 17; UFC 207 Viewing Party, Dec. 30; New Year's Eve Party, Dec. 31; Smokey Robinson, Jan. 14.
• CHINOOK WINDS CASINO, Lincoln City, 888-244-6665. Kellie Pickler, Dec. 9-10; North Pole Express, through Dec. 23; New Year's Eve Parties, Dec. 30-31; Bill Engvall, Jan. 20-21.
• MILL CASINO HOTEL, North Bend, 800-953-4800. Comedy Night, Wednesdays; lounge entertainment, ongoing.
• THREE RIVERS CASINO, Florence, 541-997-7529. UFC 206 Viewing Party, Dec. 10; Swinging with the Rat Pack, Dec. 2-3; UFC 207 Viewing Party, Dec. 30; New Year's Eve Party, Dec. 31; Justin Shandor as Elvis, Jan. 13-14; UFC 208 Viewing Party, Jan. 21; UFC 209 Viewing Party, Feb. 11; UFC 210 Viewing Party, March 4; So You Think You Can Sing, Wednesdays.